Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Numbers

Numbers are facinating to my kids.

All summer Dustind quizzed Carl and I our our addition and multiplication abilities - we found it ammuzing and answered all of his questions. Secrety I found I was brushing up on my own 'math' and would be a speed thing to see who answered first.

Maddy is great at counting -up to 12 on her own, which Carl and I boast about with pride. But she doesn't like '1' of anything- she always asks for 'two 1's'. We have tried correcting but really it is one of those cute things I really don't want to correct her on.

Despite Maddy's nack for memorizing, she will pretty much get excited about anything her brother coaches her on. Lately he has her saying with as much excitement as winning the lottery "I'm number 9" - where the obsession with 9 has come from I don't know. Why Dustind finds this amusing I don't know either - but hey - nothing wrong with number 9 I suppose.

What I do know as a mom is that I'm excited my kids like numbers so much! In life this will only serve them well!

No comments:

Post a Comment